Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
- Attorney's contact information, current status, etc
- Attorney's BBO#
- Attorney's record of public discipline
- Not kept by the BBO: Attorney's law school, specialty, or win/loss record
Attorney Registration and Payment
(Commonly asked questions)
- Register online and pay my yearly fee online or by mail
- Pay my online registration
- Obtain a Certificate of Good Standing in Massachusetts
- Register a name change
- Register under In-House Counsel status
- Update my IOLTA information
- Update my professional liability insurance information
- Pay and register my Pro Hac Vice application fee
- Register an address and email change
- Wire my registration payments (Overseas attorneys only)
- Print the Board of Bar Overseers Form W-9 information
- Attorney registration (SJC 4.02)
- Attorney registration fees (SJC 4.03)
- Registration fees (table)
- Registration statuses (table)
- Implications of accepting non-active status
- Access to Justice fee
- Required disclosure of liability insurance
- Becoming licensed to practice law in Massachusetts
- Beginning practice if sworn in, but not yet in receipt of a bar card
- Lapsed registrations
- Who is eligible for Clerk status
- Obtaining a grievance or disciplinary history letter
- Assuming Pro Bono status
- Massachusetts IOLTA (brief)
- IOLTA registration instructions and rule 1.15 (original announcement)
Other Attorney Questions
- What is my BBO Number?
- What is my balance?
- When am I due to register?
- What if I lose my bar card?
- How can I get advice on a matter of professional ethics?
- How do I resign from the Bar?